The Plakun Group set and executed short-term goals, and defined long-term strategic goals for web presence and social media engagement. We refined the design and content of the initial website to make it more readable and more impactful, established new strategies for social media activity to build more engagement, and coordinated the design of a variety of on-line and written materials for fund raising appeals.
The Resonance Project
The Plakun Group designed and built TRP’s website, including significant input to the design of the logo. We also consulted on social media strategy.
Museum of Craft and Design
The Plakun Group clarified the Museum’s communication strategy, built content for a newly-redesigned website, strengthened Facebook engagement, revamped the biweekly email blast, and produced a quarterly printed newsletter.
Children’s Council of San Francisco
The Plakun Group analyzed the positioning and function of IT resources within the organization and recommended steps for improvement.
- Interviews with all stakeholders in the organization to discover attitudes, frustrations, and dreams.
- Inventory of all IT assets and issues, ranging from infrastructure to social media, from pending license expirations to strategic needs for refactoring and replacement.
- Assessment of IT staff and procedures.
- Participation in selection of new Director of IT.
Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco
The Plakun Group redefined the role of information technology at the Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco (the de Young, and the Legion of Honor), among the five most visited art museums in the USA.
We crafted a new technology strategy, established policies to make the collections more available to online viewers, created new tools to help visitors explore the collections, designed a three-tier architecture to support flexible delivery of any content to any device, and upgraded a variety of infrastructure systems.
- Design and implementation of a new online collection intended to engage on-site and on-line visitors with more information about more of the Museums’ art collections.
- Collaboration with art and education staff to design and build a new mobile app that delivers appropriate commentary and music to museum visitors as they move around the museum, invites them to share their own commentary, and enables them to review their visit after they leave by presenting images of and interactive information about the works they enjoyed.
- Upgrade of the Museums’ website, simplifying the existing branding and introducing responsive design.
- Definition of the technical requirements for a complete overhaul of internal systems (CRMS, ticketing, automated marketing, membership management, event space reservation, etc.).
- Revision of the mission and vision for IT throughout the Museums, identifying key areas for investment in the coming years.
The Plakun Group launched a complex program of work to implement a new accounting system for this financial sponsorship organization. The challenge was to enable each of 200+ sponsored projects to address its own accounting needs while providing Tides with a single, aggregated view of all accounts.
We worked with senior management and project team members from Tides Center and Blackbaud, Inc. to:
- Define business goals for the project.
- Establish and document the project scope.
- Design a new accounting implementation in The Financial Edge.
- Identify and document 60+ streams of work required to complete the project.
- Build tools to convert data from the old system to the new one.
- Manage the build-out of implementation through proof of design.
- Train the implementation team.
Jewish Community Center of San Francisco
The Plakun Group worked closely with senior management, middle management, and key staff members to build a multi-year strategic plan for IT.
- Identify and document fourteen key areas of need.
- Prioritize, sequence, and define responsibility for each area.
- Design an IT governance structure to maximize the value of IT resources.
- Launch the program of work under the new governance system by leading the Task Force to establish a strategic vision for a web presence that best serves the long-term interests of this rapidly growing community organization.
San Francisco Center for Psychoanalysis
Working with Center leaders, The Plakun Group selected a videoconferencing technology to support distance learning, professional webinars, and remote meeting participation.
- Define, prioritize, and document their needs.
- Identify potential vendors and solicit proposals from them.
- Select the most appropriate proposals.
- Negotiate contract terms.
- Plan installation of hardware and related services, training, testing, and launch.